February; commonly known as the heart month. Love is in the air with the celebration of Valentines Day, but did you know it is also Age Related Macular Degeneration Awareness Month!
Educate the one you love on a disease that is the number one cause of blindness in people over the age of 50! Age Related Macular Degeneration aka ARMD affects your central vision, making everyday tasks extremely difficult.
What are the symptoms?
◦ You notice a blurred / blind spot in the center of your field of vision
◦ You require more light when reading
◦ You find it difficult to adapt to low lit areas
◦ Printed words become slightly blurry
◦ Colors do not seem as bright
◦ Sometimes you have difficulty recognizing faces
◦ Your overall vision is becoming hazy
If you notice changes to your vision in the following areas you should speak with your eye doctor, particularly if you are older than 50. Call your eye doctor or call Dr. Schmidt or Dr. Sutton at our offices for a thorough examination.
Now that you know the symptoms, share with a loved one!